The second part of the season will start on August 24/25th with the official World Superbike pratice in Portimao.
Four major races will follow, including the French race at Magny-Cours from 27th to 29th of September.
First of all, the results of the first eight races of the season.
GMT94 mid-season sum-up
– Two victories and four podiums for Jules Cluzel.
– Third in the provisional ranking of the world championship.
– Corentin Perolari is in 8th position.
2) YAMAHA GMT94 TEAM
Second position of the provisional classification.
A new website was launched in 2019. You can find all press articles on our press reviews. A new store online is also available on shop.gmt94.com.
4) CLUB GMT94
2019 saw the creation of GMT94’s fan club chaired by Rémi Guyot. Free, fan club’s membership offers multiple benefits and discounts on sports events. Each member receives a personalized card numbered by mail. Everyone is then informed by email about the benefits and the life of the team.
At mid-season we have more than 5,000 members. 1,400 of them have already purchased their pass for the French Superbike World Championship event which will take place in Magny-Cours from 27th to 29th of September.
– Win races with Jules Cluzel.
– Achieve a podium with Corentin Perolari.
– Finish on the final podium of the world championship.
2) MAGNY-COURS (WSBK September 27/28/29th)
An important organization has been set up so that all the GMT94 supporters who will be traveling to Magny-Cours spend a weekend in the heart of the race:
– Reduced price ticket (40 € instead of 65 €).
– Paddock open for free during all the weekend (thanks to the support of Yamaha France and Mutuelle des Motards).
– Tour of the box, SHOEI and IXON trucks, GMT94 hospitality.
– Meeting with GMT94 riders.
– Welcome to the paddock show.
3) PROJECTS FOR THE YOUTH
2019 saw a strong GMT94 commitment to Yamaha’s “bLU cRU” concept for very young riders:
– Participation in riding schools organized by Carole circuit.
– Reception of trainees in mechanics.
– Reward the best French rider of the French Supersport Championship. With the support of FFM and YAMAHA France, GMT94 will offer a “Wild Card” to the young Maximilien Bau, author of an exceptional season in the French Supersport Championship (8 wins out of 10 races). Commitment and tires will be offered. A Yamaha R6 conform to the configuration of two GMT94 Yamaha will be entrusted. The goal is to reward a young talent and to motivate the youth who dreams of world championship, to engage in their national championship to highlight it.
Christophe Guyot: “A year and a half after the start of a new project that had started with two places in penultimate position, we never imagined to be on the podium of a world speed championship so quickly, and even less to win in our first full season. Of course we were determined, and nothing would have stopped a thoughtful and determining decision for the future. We won two races, when our main contender won six. But we will not sacrifice our mission to offer a youngster the dream of racing in the world championship alongside an experienced rider. We work tirelessly and will achieve our goals. Obviously, the arrival of Jules Cluzel in our team was the trigger for this step forward. Thanks to him. Thanks to Yamaha and all of our partners for supporting a project that aims to open the doors of the world championship to a young rider (Corentin Perolari / Maximilien Bau). The major success was the enthusiasm generated by our project. There are dozens of requests for fan cards every day. This shows that our commitment is strong. See you at Magny-Cours for a great motorcycle celebration and an event that will stay in the minds of everyone who goes there. See you soon. “